Hi lovelies! I am posting this recipe due to requests I have received via my Instagram account (hi there, IG peeps!).
I wanted to make something that would present as a praline (the Belgian/Swedish definition of praline*, that is), although it must be said that my pastry teacher would freak if she knew I’d referred to these as “pralines” at all! Her sister is a renowned chocolatier and these are pretty far from the Belgian-style tempered chocolate praliner I have been taught to make!
But they’re cute, yummy, sugar-free and healthy… so I forgive myself.
Before I share the recipe, I need to confess that I really am getting the guilts about my recent fly-by posts 😦 . This week I am making it a priority to catch up on reading, comments, etc. Bear with me, please.
❤ MM xx
*As opposed to the nutty caramel/brittle kind.
RAW VEGAN COCONUT CHOCOLATE PRALINES WITH PISTACHIOS AND SPIRULINA
Base recipe by SR Healthy Lifestyle
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
3 cups shredded coconut
4 tbsp coconut milk
1 tsp spirulina powder
CHOCOLATE COATING INGREDIENTS
125 ml cacao powder
125 ml coconut oil , melted
3 tbsp rice malt syrup
2-3 tbsp chopped pistachios mixed with a good pinch of spirulina
- Blend all filling ingredients together in a food processor.
- Remove half of the mix and tip it into a 20cm x 20cm baking paper-lined tin, pressing it down firmly and neatly to create a smooth, even layer.
- Pop the tray into the freezer for a couple of minutes while you create the green layer.
- Add a teaspoon of spirulina powder to the remaining half of the mix in the food processor and give it a blitz.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and evenly flatten out the green half of the mix on top of the white layer. Pop the tray back in the freezer.
- Combine all chocolate coating ingredients in a small saucepan and stir on a low heat until well incorporated.
- Remove the tray from the freezer after an hour or so and cut the coconut filling slab into small squares with a sharp knife.
- Pop the squares on baking paper and drizzle over chocolate coating. Turn each square around, dabbing each side in the puddles of run-off chocolate to coat all sides evenly (yes, it gets messy right about now).
- Place coated “pralines” onto a clean, baking paper-lined tray and sprinkle with the spirulina-laced chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate/freeze to set and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Remove from fridge/freezer a few minutes before serving.
*Visit srhealthy.weebly.com for more recipe inspiration.
*To make them Paleo, use agave or honey instead of rice malt syrup.